View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #35
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
You can get rid of it, buy the V6 version and replace it or swap with someone who wants the slit. No big deal.
Ya but my problem is that I like everything else about the SS front facia (wider chin spoiler, wider lower grill, corner kick outs). I'll figure something out. BTW - those front facias are not as easy to change as a hood is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
1) even if the scoop on the Camaro is fake it still looks cool and everyone begged GM to make the Camaro exactly like the show car and the scoop is in the exact same place, although i think the show car scoop looks wider.
2) RS/SS sounds like the easy solution to remove the scoop slot.
3) mustang GTs have a fake hood scoop, just like my mustang GT. i thought it was cool at the time.
4) although many grownups know they dont need a fake scoop, there is a crowd out there who has to have some kind of scoop/stripes/spoilers/etc. so that scoop looks like a compromise but it definitely flows with the lines of the car and non-enthusiasts probably will think that it is a real scoop anyway since other camaros in the past had real ones.
RS/SS would not change the scoop. Front facia on SS remains the same when RS is added. It is only the headlights and color of SS emblem that changes (possibly the grill).

If the KITT car look is going to get more sales then leave it in but mine will be removed. In the meantime, I think I am going to get into the aftermarket biz and go talk to a manufacturer in China about making a insert for the slit which has a little red light going back and forth......