View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #80
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
My AFR is on the fat side right now 10.7/11.2. So best would be to just start with a 50 jet and go big on the fuel and adjust from there? Not really looking to add a lot of power as much as use it to cool the IAT's some. already using meth but still getting to hot. Only using a 30m/70w mix.

Do you know how to pull timing in the tune? Do I just pull 2 degrees thru the whole table?
You can do it that way or just pull timing only after a certain rpm and load. Datalog a run and if you have a window switch set to start spraying at say 3000 rpm then you start pulling timing in that row/column not before. Loot at where you are in the grams/cylinder under WOT and pull timing there no need to pull timing everywhere but you can if you don't know the before mentioned info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0617 View Post
Another thing to be careful of is the AFR. Nitrous has a different stoich than air, as in, if you were running 100% nitrous and no air you would need to see about 7:1 AFR. There are some online calculators and such that you enter your hp on motor and your shot size and your fuel type and they will tell you about what AFR to run. You might be surprised. High 10's AFR on a 100 shot, and even high 9's AFR on a 200 or so shot are not that uncommon. If you are spraying a 200 shot and are at 11.0 AFR you are likely lean. People not adjusting their AFR as they increase their shot size, and continue to look for an AFR in the 11's, account for many of the lean nitrous backfires and detonation catastrophic failures.
I'm going to have to call BS on this unless you can explain it better or post some links. The nitrous in nitrous oxide is just a buffer it's the oxygen that is being used so it doesn't mater if it gets it from the atmosphere or n20 it' still oxygen.

I am spraying 250 right now with A/F in the mid 11's with a goal of 11.8-12.2 and soon to be 300 shot
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote