View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #135
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The LLT has been around in the CTS longer than the Camaro...about 4-years worth...and STILL no one has properly broken into the BoschBox.

IF that sort of "sealed" ECM technology is used on the next-Gen SBC, the plethora of mods now happening to the LS may NOT arrive, without GM sanction.
all we need is a good hacker to take notice, or a replacement ECM to arrive. the LLT probably (speculating) isn't as focused on as a more main stream performance engine would be. I am not worried about such a thing for the next gen vette will push it into the lime light for modifying. More aftermarket tuners will be focused on modifying a v-8 vette vs a v-6 cts/camaro.

just a heads up I will be headed back state side soon. So all this talk about a Gen V motor being a better choice from me will probably end soon enough. meaning you will win the argument by default. I have little time to get on forums when I have more important things to be doing; like working ,riding my bike, selling a house and family. but I will still hold the same belief and feeling about a Gen V v8 in a z28. Timing couldn't be so close. if the ZL1 was out now and we started seeing z28 test mules I would consed to your thought process, but timing seems to be more on my side right now. at least how I view it. once my credit card debt is paid and truck paid off I will then have funds to purchase a Z28 (if already released or about to be released). My love for this car is too much to pass it up even with the thin walled ls7. I know GM will make it a screamer on the track, and that's all I really want.

until then I enjoy talking all things Z and arguing points with limited knowledge of things to come.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote