View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
...Sometimes spinning the tire a bit on the rim and rebalancing can help but its odd the problem lasted through so many different sets.

Kind of random but maybe the driveshaft is a bit unbalanced? ....

Thanks for the suggestions. I've spun the tire on the rim 3 different times. I've even spun the wheel on the hub. I know this is a classic symptom of a wheel/tire out-of-balance or out-of-round problem, but it can't be at this point. There's no way I could have a wheel-related problem that causes vibration at the exact same speed on three different wheel/tire packages. That's why I posted here instead of on the wheel forum.

And it's not the drive shaft. The vibration is completely speed dependent, even at different RPMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
...It also could be that the tire is out of round as that happened to me a couple of times.

Do you get any shaking in the seat of your pants as that would indicate the rear wheels, driveshaft or a combination of both?

Have you driven someone elses car to see it the shake is there? I have a 2011 with 26K on it and I don't have any shake, but the roads out in Phoenix are smooth as glass.

Good luck with it.
Nothing else shakes except the steering wheel. I probably should drive another Camaro to see if I'm just obsessing over a quirk that other people don't even notice.