View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tterb0331 View Post
I don't want to make a new topic, so I'm going to throw my questions in here.

I'll be back in America in a couple days, while I was on "business" I ordered AAC Dual color halos and halo fog lights for my SS. My buddy was going to install them for me but he said he had to put the headlights in the oven to open them up, and cutting of the bumper is required for the fog lights... Is this true or is my buddy completely mistaken? He isn't going to touch anything cause he doesn't want to mess anything up without my presence.

If this is true, is this a hard process? I personally haven't seen them yet so I have no clue.
He will need to put the headlights in the oven to loosen the seal, making it easier to open the housing. If I remember correctly, the directions AAC provides in their video suggest a temp of 250 which won't harm the headlights.

As far as cutting the bumper for the fog lights, I haven't heard this before. If you had an LS you would need to cut out a circular hole in the plastic insert where the fog lights are on the LT's and SS's, but this is not the bumbper itself. Perhaps someone who has actually done the install themselves can provide more information on this?
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote