Thread: Detailer's Bar
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #96
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I got paid $5/hour plus tips. I could usually take home $100/night on a weeknight and $200 on a weekend night. Nice part is it wasn't a "bar" so I didn't have to deal with drunks, college kids, crazy ass drinks/shots, or staying til 2am. I poured scotch, made Manhattans, wine, and schmoozed with people who are still great connections today. One of them was on the board at my grad school and made a call, I got my acceptance letter the next day.
Yeah I might aim to work at a higher end place opposed to working at party's. I never thought of it like that.

I've known a few bartenders that have met some really important people in their time. That's pretty awesome when you think about it. Oh and you Matt are a lucky son of a gun for knowing that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
There's no such thing as "learning" about stocks. Over the long run, you'll either hit or miss, and on average you will trend with ETFs or indexes. Unless you know somebody with information on a new company or government contract, don't expect to make beaucoup bucks in the stock market, especially these days.

We kind of got screwed, we missed the tech boom and also missed the low commodity prices. If I had a time machine, I'd go back 15 years and buy ALL THE SILVER AND GOLD haha. Oh and that Google stock I heard something about
Man, if I can turn back time.
So many missed opportunities. I was young so I can't blame my self haha.

Maybe as a bartender I can get to know some people that will come in handy for investing haha