View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro V6 090692 View Post
I might just wait for a blower system to come out for the LLT. Idk how power will match the turbo systems or the centrifugal supercharger kits though. I really would like to do twin turbo but everyone says they are a lot of maintenance but..... turbos can make a lot more power than a centrifugal supercharger and probably a blower from what
I've seen and read.
The problem you are going to run into is tuning the Bosch ECU. We pushed my old LLT to the ragged edge to get a consistent 450 RWHP; at 500 RWHP we started breaking stuff. That was no kit, it was custom built with a lot of stuff that wouldn't be in any kit. So, just because turbos can make more power doesn't mean you will actually see that power. Heck, with my LFX I'm probably at less than 70% of the turbo capacity but can't pump more fuel to it.
Basically, what I'm saying is if you are looking for a kit, don't let the potential power inform your decision. All of them will probably hit the same limit on the LLT. Instead, focus on when the power is made in the RPM range, reliability and price. If you want a beast, then don't buy a kit; have someone build you a custom solution.