View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro V6 090692 View Post
Is there not a way to put a different ECU on the car? I've seen it done with other cars. and say i went with a kit... what would be the best all around kit to buy?

And having someone build a a custom kit gets pretty costly... I've heard talks of 10K for custom and like 5-7K for a pre-built kit but that's another 3-5K more for maybe 50 HP more than what i can really pull out of this car.
We couldn't find a cost effective way to replace the ECU, which is why I traded for a 2012. Most of the wiring harness needs to be replaced, plus you have to sync it with all the other computers and get the VIN matching done. Not very pretty.

I'm not a good one to ask about the kits because I never had one. Mine was the first twin turbo LLT and some of what was learned then when into the RX kit. Never had a kit so I can't really tell you much about any of them except to say don't set your HP desires too high. They will make more power than the stock L99 and LS3, but you won't have the lowend torque on the superchargers.

Take a look at the FI List (sticky at the top of the V6 forced induction section) and look what people are running. Then PM them for details.