View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
I clearly highlighted what the insult was.
Actually, no you didn't. You quoted my entire post. So, I wasn't sure what you were specifically responding to.

Quote:
"some chub from the crowd"? He has a pretty long MMA career if you had bothered to look it up.

I get it, you think MMA is a neanderthal sport and added a bunch of smileys.
And now that I know what you're referring to.

Like I pointed out, MMA's just not what I'm interested in. I don't understand why two human beings would want to get into a ring and bash each other's faces in. I don't get how someone could wake up and say to themselves, "Yeah, today feels like a great day to get punched/kicked in the head repeatedly!"

That's all. That doesn't mean I think MMA fighters are stupid or neanderthals. That being said, why would I do any kind of research into some MMA fighters career if he's obviously at the end of his career? I'm sure he did have a great career, but by the looks of it, he needs to hang up the gloves if he can't remain in the kind of physical shape that being an MMA fighter requires.

We can both agree, at least, that to be an MMA fighter you've got to be in bad ass shape. And this guy is obviously not. That's all I meant by it.

Quote:
How is it a useful skill? It doesn't make sense to you? Ok, well, that's your opinion.
You're right, it is my opinion. And I have yet to see anything that shows that it is a useful skill. MMA is two guys beating the crap out of each other. Plain and simple.

If it wasn't for the octagon fence around them and all the sponsors, they would both be arrested for assault. Trained or not, two people trying to draw blood from the other has no legitimate purpose in society other than some sadistic form of entertainment. I mean, why not give each fighter a weapon and fight to the death like in Roman times? We're only about 2 steps short of it at this point...

Quote:
You have a gun in your sig. You can point an object at something and have a piece of metal come out of it. Congratulations! How does that a useful skill in society?

See? I can take the same route. Don't bash someone or something just cuz you have no interest in it or know nothing about it.
Really?

There are LOTS of hunters in this country- probably quite a few on this forum. The deer or other wild game a hunter shoots can provide weeks of food for a family of four. That seems like a pretty useful skill to have.

Maybe an MMA fighter could bash a deer's head in with his bare hands.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote