View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Now you can order the wiring harness from ottobody. ($100.00) And it will hook right up and it works perfectly. Don't be scared of removing the bumper either. It will come off pretty easy. I found it to be much easier just to remove the wheel well liners (just a couple of screws and clips) then every bolt is accessible without banging your knuckles... (FYI. There are actually 4 bolts and a screw on the inside of each fenderwell), plus the 2 underneath the bumper and 2 on top with the clips. And I removed the bumper by myself. Also there is one wiring harness you will need to unplug on the passenger side. Lay something soft on the ground to set the bumper on once its off the car (its only about 15 lbs). And as the harness instructions will tell you. Cut the center wire on your amber running lights and attach the white wire from otto's wiring harness to it. This will allow the halos to operate from your light switch as running lights... and the blinker and flashers will still operate as normal. I installed the RS headlights in my non-RS Camaro and now I have total control over which lights are on. (1) projectors with halos, (2) just projectors (3) just halo's (4) halos' w/fog lights, (5) just fog lights, (6) projectores, halo's and fog lights, (7) no lights on at all. One more thing, just like the normal DRL on a non-RS. Your new projectors will be your DRL's.

P.S. Be sure to tell the person you bought the headlights from. To package them up very securely to avoid damage in shipping. You don't want the tabs or housing cracked or broken during shipping. Tell them to use form expander to secure your headlights, and clearly mark of the package. "Fragile" and handle with care. And you might want to insure them too. Just to be safe.

Good luck, Bone