View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #42
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ahhhh...think it's going to have to be a 2010 year model. I have a few things to finish paying off...like the wifes car. We can only afford one car payment and the more we pay off on her vehicle, the more we can afford for my new Camaro. Plus, we will get better stuff as the first year Camaro gets out there and in the hands of the buying public. Let the bugs get out, let the additions get in, and then I'll get mine....mainly a financial thing, but still.

Hey smike...never tried to pull heads on my own. Don't think I'd try it either...too complicated and I'd kill myself if I screwed anything up. Coolant in the oil? I've heard of that before...not good...ouch.
Don't worry Tag. I'm right there with 'ya. At least you've got an SS. That's a lot better than my V6. Don't get me wrong, she's been great. I just want something with a little more umph behind it. 200 horses just doesn't cut it for me. About the heads... I'm using this as an opportunity to give her a port and a polish. Even another 20 horses could come in handy. Who knows, maybe I'll do a little more work and squeeze another 100 ponies out of her to keep up with you guys. An intake, headers, a chip and a larger throttle body should do it. Maybe I'll improve the intake flow by polishing the intake manifold up a bit. That's cheap too since I can do it myself. However, time is not on my side. Sleepers are worth it though..
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote