View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #70
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
Hey PQ.... first off... I just wanted to say I always thought your ride was one of the best looking on the site. Love the color combo, and the wheels are siiiiick.
But that being said..... I dont like the solid IO grille. I think it's a bit overdone and throws off the agressive look of the grille.

HOWEVER... I see where you are going with it, wanting to tie-in the IO interior with the exterior, as the hood spears are not as strong (visually). So rather than keep the whole Heritage Grille orange, I would paint the outside of it black, leaving an IO outline around the grille. Then of course, paint the remaining 2 chrome pieces of the lower grille black as well. I took the liberty of photoshopping it for you.
I'm not sure what to think of the grille, I like what you did there Grandeos.

May I make another suggestion that would tie it in? Besides orange gill stripes Anyhow, my suggestion is leave the grill as is, but paint the inner diameter around the front bumper opening. If you have a clear bra similar to mine it is the horizontal surfaces that are not covered with the clear bra.

I believe that would bring all that inferno orange together better than the black. It would have a similar effect as putting an orange outline around the edge of a rim.