View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #71
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
I need to work on that 0-60 and launch, but I don t really wanna burn my rubber/clutch. Next year Ill try with a 18" z06 wheels/ DR setup and Im pretty sure its gonna be wayy better. Too bad there wasnt a 5.0 this day. Im not going to powershift too, I dont wanna destroy my trans. I do care about my car...

My best time was 13.19@109, it does put me pretty high on the fast list while having a terrible 0-60. I really dont like to slip the clutch and "smell the damage" after...

I gotcha man, you just have to remember these cars were made to be rode aggressive. Iv have ran more times then I cant think down the track in my 5.0. I have never smelled any burning or had any issues in any car that iv tracked by slipping the clutch. Just takes some practice. you should be able to cut a 1.8-1.9 stock with seat time. do that and you will be mid-upper 12's easy. all my cars iv tracked have been dds never had any problems, but then again iv only seriously tracked Fords so maybe that's your problem trying to track with a Chevy lol j/k
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote