View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
totally NOT TRUE.

A CAI and cat back will not add much to your car honestly. maybe a few ponies as you opened up the airways a little bit BUT the big blockage is the OEM exhaust manifolds and cats.

A few things with the L99 tho... without a tune and a new cat back that removes the "can" resonators... youre going to have hella drone when it shifts to 4 cyl mode. You can avoid this by either having it tuned out (voids warranty) OR keeping it in S mode... I hear this disables the AFM...

The only time you car would NEED tuned is if you did add headers and hiflow cats. Then THIS is where you really pick up some nice gains.

In your case, the CAI and Corsa are adding a bit of of intake sound, a bit of imporved performance and a good bit of exhasut note but nothing crazy. Slap on your mods and enjoy.

Couple other things... ALWAYS run 91 or better fuel and if you feel the car is sluggish... try the fuse pull. Lots of cars get stuck in the low octane tables and run bad. for the fuse pull mod. not really a "mod" but apparently it helps. I am tuned so I have never had to do it...

Good Luck!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote