View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:11 AM   #39
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
The UAW should have thought about that 20 years ago while they were slowly suffocating GM and had time to renegotiate to allow the company to reorganize properly. Now...they'll have nothing. You shouldn't feel so sorry for the workers if GM files for Chapter 11 because they had direct control over who was appointed to the UAW, but they too, became greedy. Now on the verge of losing everything, they want to negotiate...after the fact...GM on the fringe. Compassion is a limited commodity most of us use sparingly with GM and the UAW, especially when pity is the fuel it runs on. You know what is ironic too? The unions supported Barack Obama, and what Obama is doing is trying to stop the bleeding for the nation after you and I have bled too much to save GM from itself. We know how those workers are voting come next term.

I'm not in favor of anybody losing their jobs or being "caught in the cross-fire." The workers had the power to do what was right, but the UAW kept milking the golden cow (GM). What do you expect taxpayers to honestly think, fbod? Seriously.