View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Ciscokid

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
2012 vette and ZL1? What is the story?

Alright, no flames...I'm just trying to get a better understanding how the vette and the camaro match up to each other. I purchased a 2011 3.6 camaro and I already regret it. My next purchase will be the ZL1, however, I'm trying to understand where the vette fits into the market.

I'm trying to understand how GM plans to market these cars? Granted there are folks that are die hard vette fans and will always get a vette, however, if the ZL1 has more HP and IMO looks better, why get the vette?

If you go to the Z06, you're getting less HP than the ZL1 and paying more for the vette. I went to the dealer today to try and place a preorder on the ZL1 (dealer not taking preorders at this time) and I looked at the 2011 vette, I have to say I'm not entirely impressed with the interior, let alone waiting for a 2012 with less HP than the ZL1.
The camaro's interior looks way better, just my opinion.

I asked the sales person if he could explain the market position between the ZL1 and the vette and he was loss for words, he doesn't know what's going on between the vette and camaro market posiition.

According to blogs the 2012 vette will have less HP than the ZL1 and you get less room in the vehicle, see below...

The 2012 Chevrolet Corvette coupe is a favorite of Chevrolet dealers, experts, and current owners alike.
The 2012 Chevrolet Corvette is a 2-door sports car which comes in three versions: coupe, convertible and Z06. The coupe and convertible models of the Corvette are powered by a 6.2 Liter V-8 engine that is rated at 430 horsepower. If one gets the engine with a performance exhaust then the power increases to 436 horsepower. The Z06 is powered by a 7.0 Liter V8 engine that is rated at 505 horsepower. All versions of The Corvette are equipped with a six speed manual transmission.
The 2012 coupe and convertible models are equipped with a roof that is fixed and rigid, xenon headlights, keyless start, satellite radio, CD player, the OnStar System, glare reducing mirrors, leather seats, and a power 6-way adjustable driver seat. The Z06 has a wider tire size, and more aerodynamic body. Optional on the 2012 coupe and convertible models is a navigation system, a transparent roof, a memory driver's seat, and a Bose music system with seven speakers. Options on the Corvette Z06 are the same as that of the coupe and convertible minus the roof option.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote