View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #17
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
mostly street with some autocross? neither do suspension
Pedders pace car package with PFadt trail arms and toe rods going in this week .

I can afford FI, the question is do I want too? It'll surely exceed $10K or more (I'll need meth and I can't do the job, so labor too!). That's a lotta cash for a car on the road 4-5 months a year.

I may still stick to my original plan to go with FI. I'm just entertaining the idea of gears. Seems I could get almost as much "fun" from them at a lot lower cost. Though the idea of hearing boost kick in would be super cool! Then again I could buy an entirely different toy, or other large ticket item with the $8K or so I'd save if I did gears instead. Plus I'd still have some neck snapping fun.

Decisions, decisions .... Well for this year I am sticking with the suspension mods. Planning ahead for next year!

For gears vs FI - is there a particular place one shines over the other? Like off the line, or jumping on it at a roll? I've had gears and I know the power is up rolling at higher RPMS for any given moment but I have not had the experience of FI.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote