View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 12:39 AM   #260
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
It gets under my skin to see people with legitimate passions and preferences regarding something that they have strong feelings about being trivialized because others don't share their same passions.

If they decided to eliminate the V8 or maybe put in some low output tiny V8 I'm sure a lot of people would complain. Maybe to some people changing the entire look of the front end is (in their mind) just as major as emiminating the V8 option?
Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to trivialize anyone. I, too, have things that I would love changed in preproduction. I'm just taking a comparative approach. If the Camaro had a different interior, for example, I would be devastated because I fell in love with the concept interior. However, the Mustang doesn't have the Camaro interior, so that won't help, and neither would buying a Challenger.

I'm just trying to say that we all fell in love with the whole car—some parts more than others for a lot of us. Because of that, we all have different concerns about the car. I'm very confident that there will be a raging aftermarket for the new Camaro, so I would expect many of our concerns to be addressed by the aftermarket if GM doesn't make it the way you want it. I don't think that trivializes anyone. I just think that most concerns are very changeable.

As far as I know, these are the biggest concerns that the aftermarket will fix:

• headlights
• tail lights
• reverse lights (holes can be filled, lights can be transplanted elsewhere)
• grill
• front bumper & fog light placement (body kits will be plentiful)
warn 145:159 ban