View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Hi and welcome to the site. Let's get the obvious out of the way first...

As Gotham said..."Your dealer is an idiot".

Now, on to answer the questions.

IF nothing else changes AND IF I understand this correctly, as long as you get your order into a dealership that still has allocation left before March 16th, 2009 which is the official date production starts, your order will be considered a pre-order (Anybody correct me if I'm wrong). It has been said by some of the most reliable source(s) on this site as well as info from the IDL that ALL "Pre-orders" will be completed by October, 2009. I choose to believe that worst case scenario says that delivery of the last "pre-order" car would be by Thanksgiving, 2009. The only other thing to realize is that since 80+% of the pre-orders were V8s, therefore, it is reasonable to believe that there will be a great many V8s being made on the tail end of the production window towards October. Exactly when ANYBODY'S car is going to be made and delivered is still just speculation at this point.

Now that all this has been said, the best advice I can give you is to shop dealers to find one that is on top of their game and informed. As others would agree in this thread, it does not sound like your current dealer is current with what is going on or does not understand the information they've been given correctly. Good luck.
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote