View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Help me find something please...

So I've been looking around here and the net in general for some DIY/How to's on three jobs. 1) Cradle Bushing replacement 2) Differential bushing replacement. 3) Front Radius arm bushing replacement.

1) Cradle Bushings... I've read where guys mention about just removing the bolts and putting a socket or spacer between the car and the bushing and using a floor jack to push them out. I'd like some more specifics if possible.

2) Differential bushings I've read about pushing them out with an air hammer and others I've seen where there is a hole saw and a sawzall involved.

3) Radius bushings... Honestly IDK even know which ones they are and where to even begin as far as replacing them.

Like I said I have been looking and not really coming up with the answers I'm seeking. The DIY section has relatively old threads and guys I think have figured out better methods.

Also the diff has to come out does that mean the exhaust have to come out? Something else when the diff comes out is that the rubber isolator that people say fails and some replace it with that urethane "six shooter" piece? If so I guess this is a good time to replace that piece.

Any and all help will be appreciated.