Thread: More Horses
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #119
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post
In principle, I absolutely agree. But if you give _anyone_ that much power, someday they _might_ try to use it. Regardless of training, experience, etc...

The question was more related to the actual _physics_ of using all that power. There simply isn't anyplace to actually use these monstrous amounts of power on the street! 550hp? Can-Am cars had that much power. NASCAR stockers are pretty close to that! Thats almost twice what every WRC car has!

If I were a betting man, I wager that the new Supra is going to have a hybrid drivetrain, and will 'only' make about 325hp, but it will probably make ~400lbft of torque at 0 rpm. Combine that with a really good traction contro system, and you have a nearly unbeatable street-combo. Great performance, great mileage, and a 'clear conscience' (which seems to count for so much these days... hipocrits).

Anyway... sorry to pull this thread off topic.

~LSx
I see what you’re getting at and I’m sure all of us have asked our self that exact same question over the past few years with all the HP gains. Are you saying, If diver A has 400 + horse power then they are defiantly going to use it and destroy something, kill someone, or worse yet, take over the world. Whereas, if driver B has only 150 horse power they will obey all traffic laws with their hands in the 3 and 9 o’clock position?

150 MPH is 150 MPH no matter how much horse power it took to get there... Just as, reckless driving is reckless driving no matter if it is performed in “Super Car” or a “4 banger”…

On a side note, here’s how I would use my 400 + HP:
Drive to work.
Drive to the grocery store as well as other errand running .
A kitty magnet (meow)…
A nice summer Sunday drive threw the WM county back roads with the windows down.
A nice cruse to some of the scenic light houses and piers we have in West Michigan.
Cruses and car shows, Woodward, 28th St. GR, and so on...
Roasting the back tires in a cloud of smoke.
Speeding on the freeway.
Slamming threw the gears as needed…
Track time, both Road and Drag strip.
And last but not least to enjoy my life.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote