Thread: Z28 or ZL1
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I wanted the ZL1 to be named "Z28"....It's not, and I can say I've gotten used to it. The reasons I wanted it to be called Z28 were purely selfish...My Dad has a '79 Z28 and I thought it would be freaking cool to have a Z28 just like the old man.

But the formula they used for the ZL1 is what I wanted in a Camaro. A Boss-type Camaro is not what I wanted...

So -- do I think they should bring back the name? Absolutely - it's much too honored and respected to be collecting dust. Do I think they should make it a Boss-eater? Again, absolutely...there's no other position for it:

We've got the economy Camaros in the LS and LTs,
The everyday performance Camaro in the SS,
The King of Camaros in the ZL1,
and if a Z28 comes back we'll have our track-master.

I fully expect a Z28 to take no prisoners, and be amazing at what it's intended to do -- but I'm not going to wait for it. I belong in a ZL1. So that's what I'll try and get.
THESE!!! My quotes for the day. MUCHO KUDOS!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote