View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I love M3's, adore them. The E46 was my favorite too due to the I6 but man, the 1LE is whole other level of car. If I was given $22k for a 2004 car I would sell sell sell. My friend at work has the same M3, 2004 with the competition package. Nice car but nothing like the 1LE.

Now if you had the V8 M3 than it could be somewhat different. This is how I would look at it. The 5th gen camaro is very original, completely new. Great looking car. It is very safe due to its size and design (5 star everyhing). You have a modern Nav, OnStar, MP3's, decent sound system (you can upgrade it) and a very original interior (I love it, all the colors match on every gauge, radio etc.).

At the same time you have world class handling (it whooped the new M5 and M6 by 4-5 seconds at VIR on Car and Driver Lightning Lap) and it rides a lot more comfortable than the M3. The interior materials are nice (I like the 1SS more because it doesn't use plastic on the door cards) and you have some cool options (2SS will give you leather and you can get halos similar to the Bimmer angel eyes).

In summary, you get a 10 year newer car for under 40k (if you stick with 1SS) and with 22 down your payment would be a joke. Also, insurance is dirt cheap on this car because of its safety ratings.

Go drive one and then drive your M3 back to back, I am certain you will be blown away by the camaro. Don't let the low roof and high doors scare you with visibility, after 2 weeks driving the camaro will feel like driving a smaller car.