View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #51
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
MWS444 asked: What is your choice on the brake rotors and pads? Tell me more!

Doc (on this forum) had asked Racing brake to design a slotted rotor replacement for the 2010 camaro. These are racing caliber braking parts. Right now we only have the fronts being custom built. We will be getting a group buy together for the rears as well, sometime in the future. This is just the rotors - It retains the rest of the stock SS braking system. The front rotors save 4.5 LBS a peice, will cool better, and are a 2 peice design (hub + rotor). These are only slotted.. no holes. This is good, as the "holes have been known to cause the disc rotor to crack when used in racing applications. The rotor material metal is a high grade material suited for high heat applications (roadtrack and autox) racing. Cost is $850.00 for the fronts.. no rears yet.. These will be at least 1K. Racing Brake will evaluate and build them if we get 30 pre-orders for them, so they are a little ways out from being built. These will be a custom build as the rear rotor is 14.4 inches. This size rotor is specific only to the 'Maro rear.

If you are going for the "drilled and slotted" look, there are no aftermarket rotors yet.. Hold off till after SEMA. I would bet that you will see a few announcements coming out there for them. Drilled and slotted rotors are one of the more popular upgrades for dressing up your car - I would bet money someone is announcing this type of product for the camaro at Sema.

There are 2 higher grade alternatives for braking systems that replace the entire braking system. Both are expensive. Brembo and Baer both have 15" rotors for all 4 corners of the 'Maro. Baer is around $6K, Brembo is 8K. Both are too rich for my pocket.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote