View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 AM   #14
TeamTCA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS #21068
Great post Audio Integrations! I too own a car audio shop, TC Audio, in Benton, Arkansas. I have been in business for 20 years this month. And I don't know how many people don't understand what u just explained. I am no different than any ordinary customer by wanting to obviously get the best price on what I want BUT quality does cost. We do retail but mainly have to relay on all types of custom work to stay in business. The internet is a killer when it comes to electronics. I have built my business on reputation, quality install, and customer service being the most important. We have a decent following nationwide. I ship to all over the country. And yes, you are going to pay a little more at a specialty store than online. But you get a warranty and more importantly, someone who stands behind what they sell.

As far as the custom box goes, you couldn't have covered the options any better. My main variables to ask a customer are: 1. What do you want it to look like (finish, etc), 2. How loud or how much "extra sound" are you looking for, and 3. How much do you have to spend? The last upsets a few people but you have to be blunt. It's not rude. But I don't have time to spend 2 days on a custom box for $250. If that's all you have to spend, then great we can build you something in your price range that will work and be nice for that but it's not gonna be a $1k custom fiberglass/painted subbox. So many people just don't get it so shop around and investigate your options.

Our old website is currently being updated but not finished by any means. Check it out at www.tcaudio.net. I have a SIM 1SS/RS that I will be competing with prob next year. I will post pics up as available. Right now, we are building two new cars for USACi World Finals this year (OCT 3,4 in Tulsa, OK). I will be there.

Check at Metro Audio Dynamics in Omaha or Stereo West. I know guys that work at both. They should be able to help you out. If not, give us a call...

Sorry for the long post. It's just nice to see someone else out there who deals with what I do...

Kenwood Excelon, Rockford Fosgate, JBL, Hertz, Audison, Illusion Audio,
Mosconi, Diamond Audio, Hybrid Audio, WetSounds, & more
TeamTCA is offline   Reply With Quote