View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #91
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Well, just to keep this in perspective, at this point this thread has approx. 20 people that have shown disappointment in no ABL, with some of those planning to delay their order.
The "Calling JohnnyCamaro...." stripe thread has a poll count of 128 asking for longer Rally Stripes, none planning to delay their order since the prospect of a longer option does not exist at this time, but you can bet many would delay if there were longer coming and they were factory installed only items.
My point is that the stripe issue is at least as big an issue, and one I hope GM is also addressing in an expedient manner.
I would delay for longer stripes, but would not for the ambient lighting, an ambiance effect only visible to passengers at night, where the short stripes will be visible even to other drivers passing by on the road.

Stripes are no big thing because I'm going have mine painted on aftermarket anyway as opposed to vinyl stripes that scratch and build up wax at the edges. For those who are happy with the short vinyl stripes you can add on another section (and I'm sure the aftermarket will make them available). However...I'd hate go to the work of adding some type of ambient aftermarket lighting and then have an electrical problem....and have the dealer void my warranty due to it. We're talking about something quite different than favorite flavor of stripes here. The car has been adverised with ABL being a part of it and we buyers expect that it will be there. After waiting this long for the car I don't see a big problem with delaying my purchase until both HUD and ABL (and maybe even climate control) become a part of it if the ABL does'nt show up.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote