Thread: turbo?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
Ok. Think I got it. So when you suggested rrtree get one that requires less smoke, were you suggesting a larger housing so the oil flows easier?

By the way, I have followed GGG's build, but don't know what PT has, except it was a custom setup. PT, do you have a build thread?
The gretchen is correct. Ball bearing setups are nice if you can afford! One lazy reason I didn't go ball bearing was because I didn't feel like running water and oil lines to the back of the car.

My master power t60 didn't smoke at all but when I changed to the older precision pt67, I do get some blueish smoke at WOT. I'm not sure if the seal designs are different between the two but the oil inlet is certainly different. The t60 had some type of restrictor flange inside the CHRA for the feed side while the precision is wide open (I use the same 2mm restricted oil feed flange however).

I kinda have a build page but its not up to date and not as comprehensive as the others. I want to do a few more things to my car before I provide another real update.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143029
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote