View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #41
Steve1968LS2

Drives: 1968 LS2 powered - Bad Penny
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
You are are correct. We were honest, and joined the exhibition class. The event was all about showing how the Pedders Camaro can handle. Paul did an exceptionally fine job of it. I especially enjoyed seeing the ZR1 behind it and not being able to follow the same line, and had a lot of understeer, and body role, compared to the Pedders Camaro. I do not know what the ZR1 had in terms of mods. I assume we can find out. I still have not heard the lap times and such. As far as I know the Pedders Camaro was in the top 3-4 fastest times. I do not think any of the top 3 could say their rides are totally streetable and would be used for daily driving to pick the kids up from school

mike
dms
The instructors at Spring Mountain can wheel thier stock ZR1s around the 2.2 course in about 1:41

As the for the top three (four if you count me) I would say you're are completely right on the Cobra, that was a race car.

However the both '69 Camaros are easily considered street cars. Heck, Stacy at DSE drives that '69 all over the place. The yellow '69 did the Hot Rob Power Tour long haul of over 2000 miles. Full interior, AC all the creature comforts (and an LS9.. lol). My car is more on the stripped down side.. but still a street car.

Anyways, I though you guys did great with your 2010 Camaro and certainly showed that it can haul ass around that track when in the right hands.

So who had the shaved tires?

1968 Camaro - 461 RHS LS 700hp, various stuff, called Bad Penny
1968 Camaro - In progress, called Track Rat
2010 Camaro - DSE Suspension, Baer 6S Brakes, Boze Wheels, Nitto NT05 Tires, JBA Exhaust and long tubes, Magnacharger TVS, 660rwhp Forged Eagle 416 LS3 short block, ADM fuel system, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, G-Force axles, Anvil and Seibon CF parts, Centerforce Dual-Disc Clutch

www.fquick.com/steve1968ls2
Steve1968LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote