View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
9,900 miles and this morning I started hearing a LOUD ticking noise coming from the engine bay. Brought it in and the mechanics dont know yet but they said it could be a major problem. It made the noise in every gear around 2k RPMs. It definitely was not the direct injection either. Hopefully its just a loose flywheel. Regardless I cant believe I already have what could be a major problem at such low mileage.

1 oil change, BONE stock car driven mostly on the highway. I got 2k off the initial purchase, I'm seriously considering trading it up as long as I dont take more than a 2k hit.

>=[
One issue is not enough to drop a car. Especially while you're still under full warranty. At least not imo...

Let them figure out what it is...they will....fix it. And off you go on your merry way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
There's a guy on the G8 forum that had a similar noise with his cadillac. He was on the G8 board because the caddy had the same LY7 engine as our G8s do. Your's has the same block and a different upper so some parts may be the same.

His issue was the timing belt had stretched out and wrecked some stuff (I don't recall exactly what). He is having to do a full rebuild on the engine to fix it.
I don't believe this V6 has a timing belt. It's a chain.