View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #25
Whitten

Drives: -
A guy got into the LS at the Atlanta Autoshow. I was sitting in the passenger seat and he in the driver. Upon getting in he lamented that it was way to small for him and that the seat was as far back as it could go(it clearly was not), and that he was incredibly unfonfortable. As he got out I noted that he had the seat fully upright and as he was getting out he said this and I kid you not.

"Well I guess I will just have to stick to my Miata because it is way bigger and more comfortable than that piece." I had to laugh at the obvious hog wash that had just come out as he said it as if he wanted the crowd to hear it and run away. I got out and had to say something, so I did in a nice way. Over the roof of the car I looked at him and said "give it a chance, if you let the seat all the way back and tried sitting a little less that 90 degrees vertical in the seat you might realize that the car is quite comfortable."

He then looked at me and said " I am a tall guy, much taller than you and I can't fit in tiny little cars like that."

Call out time. My response:" then why did you say that you need to stick with a Miata...and by the by I am taller than you at 5'-10" to your 5'-8".

His response...Fanboyism..." I like Japanese cars because they are better built by people who actually know how to build a car unlike American's."

My rebutle: "You mean like FORD?" ....wait for it He lashed back and said "Mazda isn't built buy Ford they are their own car company."

He said this infront of a crowd of people...of which several girlfriends of the guys standing around the Camaro started to laugh hysterically and loudly telling him that Mazda was owned by Ford and built here in the states for the most part.

He bashfully slunk away as everyone laughed at him.
Whitten is offline   Reply With Quote