View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 AM   #266
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Another panic du mois. I can't wait for everyone to see the final result so we can hear all the "hmm, it's not so bad. Guess I panicked and went and built that nuclear fallout shelter for nothing..." stories.

Seriously guys, something that tells you "Hey, you're about to hit this post behind you" or "hey, you've still got 10 inches before you hit your garage wall, come on back a little farther!" (for those of us with small garages who like to back in) isn't that bad.

Besides, of all the things that sent panic into the streets with this car, have ANY of them really been as bad as everyone thought they would be?

"Oh, you're not a real man if you need back-up sensors!" Whatever. No one NEEDS them. I've backed into tight spots plenty of times using the wall as my spotter and stopping when I bumped it. I've almost hit dark telephone poles at night because I was tired and just glanced behind me. I've never taken out anyone's mailbox, but for $300 bucks I think I can handle having this feature. Besides, it's 1/100th of what your car costs. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.