View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #10
brtaus

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Yes an exhaust contact can easily cause a false knock. Should be no reason to mess with knock sensing or the rev limit. Anything less than 93 can also cause real knock. You won't be able to hear it. The computer senses it way faster than a human ear can pick it up.

It use to be a few years back, you could hear a burst of detonation - then the computer would pull the timing and eliminate it. These latest gen of computers though are so fast, they pick up knock in a split second and dump the timing to eliminate it before you even here the slightest bit.

I'd tinker with 93 from a different station, and some octane booster, and eliminate all exhaust contacts....leave the knock sensing alone, and then see if it is still pulling the timing. I bet it won't be.

May also help to put some miles on the CAI and headers so it self adjusts as much as possible. I've seen where putting a CAI in, during those first couple of drives, the car was showing quite a bit of knock activity. Then after some miles of driving all was back to normal.
I notice a difference with this. I usually fill up at Chevron but the last tank I had to fill up a a Circle K, and about a 1/4 tank into it, I noticed it seemed to run a bit rougher than it does with Chevron gas.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote