View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #114
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
Have to update the military info ... Those who transfer have per DMV "Nonresident military personnel stationed in California or their spouses may operate their vehicles with valid out-of-state license plates from their home state or the state where the military person was last stationed". Now that changes once you - Claim a homeowner's exemption in California.
Rent or lease a residence in California
Military personnel, stationed in California are exempt from payment of the vehicle license fee (VLF) on any vehicle owned or leased and registered in California provided:
  • The nonresident military owner is shown as a lessee or registered owner of the vehicle.
  • The vehicle is not operated "for hire.
Thanks for the updated information! Just did the update. I appreciate the help on this issue as Federal/State boundary stuff with the military is somewhat confusing to people like myself who are not in the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskilachi View Post
(Quote) Headlight/Taillight Tint and/or Modification:
  • It is illegal to modify the headlight or taillight with tint. (Thanks Silver2SSRS6spd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd
V.C. 26101. No person shall sell or offer for sale for use upon or as part of the equipment of a vehicle, nor shall any person use upon a vehicle, any device that is intended to modify the original design or performance of any lighting equipment, safety glazing material, or other device, unless the modifying device meets the provisions of Section 26104. This section does not apply to a taillamp or stop lamp in use on or prior to December 1, 1935, or to lamps installed on authorized emergency vehicles. (END Quote)

Does that mean that this is not legal in California? http://www.apex-speed.com/camaro-com...ear-lamps.html

Going by that V.C. I would say it is illegal (Unless Section 26104 claims otherwise). BUT I doubt you would get pulled over as it still offers sufficient warning and does not impede the actual intended original effect of the lamp. IE: It still gives off warning that you're turning, in fact a better warning I would assume then the original version.

Personally I don't think this will cause a problem if installed albeit "illegal" as it might be deemed. But then again that is a personal risk we take with some of our modifications I guess.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote