View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #6310
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.

Sounds incredible Pete!

Is this going to be a one of a kind or you guys going to try and market it?

EDIT: Just so the answer to my question in the other thread!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote