View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #30
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Purchased a Vararam no tune intake from another forum member this week AND a Diablosport Predator tuner from another member...I hope these mods slow me down for awhile. This is getting kinda costly...
But in other news!

**************BELT CHECK****************
Last night I heard my car squealing like Wilbur at a butcher shop. When I got home, I popped my hood, and managed to find the source of the noise...one of my belts. Anyway, it's been raining hard in Jax lately, and I thought (don't ask why) that maybe the rain had something to do with it and it would be better today. Definitely not the case.
I popped my hood when I got off of work today and had the sunlight to look, and discovered that my A/C belt was riding on top of the larger belt next to it. I have no idea how it got that bad, but luckily nothing rubbed through. I called my dealer, they told me to shoot over and they'd fix it. After reading through some other posts, I found out that a few other cars had this problem when the factory did not center them correctly. I told my mechanic that when I got there, he put the belt back on, and I was gone after thirty minutes max.
I'm going to keep watching it because if it slipped off once, I guarantee it'll do it again. Plus I'm worried about the integrity of the belt since it was rubbing the other one.
By the way my car has 3300 miles on it at this point.

So next time you're washing your car, pop your hood and check the smaller belt on the lower passenger side. This probably won't be a widespread problem, but just letting others know
Have a great day!

-Jared