View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
I wouldnt use a 1le for what you want to do. Buy a used SS and go aftermarket. It will be cheaper and faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Agree with the above. Pick up a used 2010 SS. Same engine and everything. You can strip it, get some aftermarket suspension and rear gears. I wouldn't worry about getting a crate motor. Just have the LS3 in the car built to what you want. I would say get a 1SS with no options. You going to be removing most of the extra stuff that you get in the more exspensive models anyway. If you look around you can actually find a set of 19 inch wheel that will fit over the stock brakes and reduce the unsprung weight. The 5th gen has been out long enough, that the aftermarket parts that are available will allow you to build a older used one to be faster and cheaper then buying a 1LE and making the changes that your planning.
The only reason I would argue with going this route is that the standard SS doesn't come with the close gear ratios like the 1LE trans is equipped with. Which for track use, are very nice.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote