View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #14
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
I learned this when building my second Small Block Chevy 350ci. First I built it per Part Of The Weak advertising. It blew up.

Second build was all GM parts (circa 1979), 2.02 factory heads, Duntov 30-30 grind, GM pushrods, rockers, crank, etc.

That second engine lasted, and ran great on both driving to work, and clicking off ET's at the strip.

Nothing has changed. GM doesn't make the wickest parts, they make a system that runs hard and reliably.

No, I don't work for GM. Yes, I buy a LOT of aftermarket parts. But given the choice, I'll run GM shit. They do their homework. Top Rung stuff.
I'd have to agree with this as well. I have a forged steel crank from GM in my 305 Sprint Car engine that is built to racing spec and it has cranked 5-7k rpm all day for the past two years at the track.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote