View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #63
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
It is funny to have people recommend me things I don't want when I specifically stated two things I must have are vert and 8 cyl. I appreciate all the feedback, though. I get that everyone has their desires. Mine was a mucle car - v8, standard, vert. Those were non negotiable.

I pulled the trigger! And I want to thank everyone who told me not to settle and be willing to travel. I almost pulled the trigger this past weekend at the local dealer for a 1SS without the RS package. They wouldn't work much with me on price. If they had, I may have bit. I was anxious to pick it up this week and have it for next week on my vaca. I emailed the sales guy today and told him I went elsewhere due to being unhappy with the price they offered.

After deciding I might be willing to travel for the right car, I found one a few states over. About 7-8 hours drive. I just finished all the paperwork and will fly down next week to drive it back. Killer price. Killer. Highly rated dealer, too. I'm very happy and excited.

Black - V8 vert - 2SS
Leather interior with the inferno orange (I love it)
RS package!
Dual exhaust!
Had a few other features, too, like GPS nav, but for the price I got it for I'm not complaining. Performance shifter too.

I'll post some pics soon.

I'm on vacation for two weeks and I'm thinking of flying down Tuesday or Thursday, so I'll still have a full week and a half to drive it around. I'll likely put a few thousand miles on it during my vacation.

I'll post some pictures soon.

I am so glad you didn't go with Clay Chevy on the automile. Think twice about having them service it. They have been awful with my car. As in: I had to give the shop information on basic things on the car, and they still screwed up. As in they actually put a front tire on a rear rim and vice-versa, and then told me no, the wheels are all the same width. And they damaged my wheels too.

Try Cadillac Village at the rotary in Norwood. Talk to Paul Tressler. He's an up front guy and easy to deal with. I bring my Camaro to them for service. Will not ever go back to Clay Chevy. Central Buick GMC is no better