View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #110
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
2015 may seem early for the Camaro to take its next step butbi don't see GM releasing the alpha platform without the Camaro. GM has 2 reasons to do so. One is to keep the #1 seller ontop by creating a NEW Camaro to stay ahead of the pack. #2 reason is to share costs for the new alpha with other GM cars. The new 5.5l v8 and alpha chases scream Camaro.
I hear ya man but that Alpha platform will run its course on the Cadillac first. The Alpha platform should pretty much be paid for from previous models and the cost should be split because technically, Caddy and Chevrolet won't share cost. It will take GM 2 years after they get their hands on a new Mustang in April 2014 so they have something to benchmark off of. The Gen V engine is no where near finished, the plant that the Gen V will be produced in up in New York just started production and the Alpha Caddy is still in the planning phase if I'm not mistaken (I could be wrong). If the 5th Gen can make it till 2016 for a 2017 6th Gen Camaro, GM should go for it. If the Camaro's sales dip down into the Challenger's territory (or lower) and the new Mustang is outselling the Camaro 4 to 1 or greater (with Aussie sales and no Falcon) then it wouldn't be a bad idea to discontinue the 5th Gen ASAP....
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote