View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #33
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
I agree. Kinda funny how some people can be so ignorant. People really need to get past the "It's a Hyundai" factor. I don't care what it beat. The matter is, is that it beat the v6 camaro, in which is the same in horsepower numbers. People need to stop saying "It barely beat it", no one cares, a win is a win. Way too many fan boys of one certain type of car.
Way too many fan boys of Camaros on a camaro forum? What is the world coming to? And 580 rwhp on a 3.8L Hyundai engine? That is probably running race fuel and I doubt it would last 10,000 miles, so I don't think the "it hasn't broken yet" argument really holds any water when talking about durability.

To talk about aftermarket parts, how many choices in cams do you have, how many different heads can you buy, how many stroker crankshafts can you buy, how many aftermarket intakes, exhausts, etc. can you buy for the Hyundai? Not very many, so some $10k turbo kit to turn your Hyundai engine into a pile of parts within 20,000 miles doesn't seem like a very good option to me. If you like Hyundai's, that is your choice, I am sure they must have some forums for them; but it is pathetic to come on a Camaro forum talking about how great a Hyundai is.