View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #44
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
6 deliveries in PA (Chester County) in July, the only earlier was American Muscle's in June.

I'm sure only companies and club racers got theirs sooner
That leads me to believe that there is a Job #2 or the "Share of Nation" has finally been initiated. This means the original production number speculation was incorrect. It looks like it will be closer to the 1970 Boss's production numbers, the initial lump sum was shipped before the season started in March/April and the remaining 25% was allocated by share of nation. The V6 and GT's production was even delayed due to Boss 302 and GT500 production. There were several dealerships having big allocations and it seemed almost impossible to only produce 4000. In most cases, the Boss's were outnumbering the GT500 on lots at a 3:1 ratio. AAFEES are finally getting some Boss 302's and GT500's but you have to have your name drawn in order to buy. I will take a picture of the poster tonight before I go home. I was told that AAFEES would not get any Boss 302's until the share of nation and... now is that time. Most were under the impression that the 2012 Boss was following the 1969 Boss to the "T" and production would be kept very low. I cannot wait to see the 2013 Boss with the new fascia...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote