View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #7002
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontsellit View Post
First off thank you for your service to our country....Now we'll have at it.

I have no issues with your feelings towards the ZL. I wouldn't buy one for what it cost. What does burn me is your last comment about seeing one at the grocery store. Come to Longmont pretty much any day of the week and you'll see my hitch mounted Camaro loading up some food.Or like Garth you might run into me at Lowes with my motorcycle trailer on the back loading up some wood. In 2 weeks come to the Boulder res and you'll see me taking my daughters bike that she uses for Triathlons off the bike rack I have coming off the hitch. Point is.. to me at least is it's a great car and I use it everyday rain or snow.I add power adders to go faster to race it. Not tip toe the glass ballerina to car shows where I can sit on my ass and reshine it so some dickhead Pinto can beat me in best of class cause he knows the Mayor.
Now where you fall into the..Oh my god it might rain this yr I have to garage the princess...well I don't know. Nor really care as long as you don't go around snickering at those of us who chose to drive ours.

Once again Thank you for your service. My concerns are there for you and everyone else over in that hell hole. And if your wife did get it dirty,I'm sure anyone of us would go clean it to try and show some appreciation for what you do and what she has to go through while your away.

Now before anyone who garages or sparingly drives their car gets their panties in a bunch let me say I don't care what you do with your cars. However if you jump into the barrel with the ones who mock those of us who do things with our cars you would never think of doing then all bets are off.............Man that felt good!

Especially since the friggin Devils lost in OT!

He-he..
Well, for anyone that knows me, I'm not a take it on the trailer to car shows kinda guy. I plan on drivin to Camaro Fest, racing it and then head to Detroit for the Dreamcruise this year, so that's not me. Love the rebuttal. Least we got some good conversation going on now. I was figuring that the two or so ZL1 owners would kick in and talk smack, but not yet.
Not sure I could ever bring myself to doing the trailer-hitch thing though....In that respect, I am too much of a purist. I have a truck for that. Pretty sure we had this discussion many months ago when you first posted that. Insert dead horse comment here. And yes, on occasion I take my car to get groceries, but the Camaro trunk isn't exactly good for that; plus the nitrous bottles take up too much room. I'm way too retentive to leave my car in a parking lot full of mini-vans and soccer moms, so in that respect I definitely baby it. I park way the F out there if I have to do that. Mine is not an everyday car.

I do enjoy going to a car show once in a while, but it's more about showing off the work and making a car unique than winning for me. I see plenty of people on the ABM thread with a bag of trophies with their bone stock Camaros and it's just a big WTF? You went to the dealer, got a loan, drove it home and now you get a trophy at a show? Someone please explain that to me. Which brings me back to the ZL-not-1's. When Camaro Fest rolls around, I bet not a single owner of these cars will have made any mods to them, with the exception of Lingenfelter, and they don't count. That's their job. There will be 50 of them in a row, all bone stock. Car guys mess with their cars. Period. We'll see. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing not. I'd stand and admire a V6 Camaro with a home-made Twin Turbo system before a bone stock anything any day...but that's just me being me.
Off to sleep. Maybe we can vent again tomorrow.
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote