View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #141
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
There have been 2 failures of MAF's since we did released our first FI system 1 1/2 years ago, and we have seen many more failures on bone stock cars. This is a known issue as if you call a GM dealer to buy one you will see they are out of stock most anywhere in the country due to the high incidents of failure. Baylor had to have one overnighted from KY, and we still have them on backorder as they cant meet demand.
Yup, there is a shortage out there, I called around while I was in Florida and there weren't any dealerships within a couple hundred miles that had them.

Quote:
The 2 that have MAF failures are running in excess of 8# of boost vs the 5-6$ of the standard system and that is pushing the limits of this MAF.
Vince tuned my cams and it looks like I'm at around 9.5 psi of boost now, rather than 8 from the OD pulley.

Quote:
The other question from lscamaro,the other system is running far less boost....similat to our standard boost system and we have had zero failures with the MAF's on them.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote:
And I think I only see one of theres running on this site with not ANY independant dyno #'s like your seeing with all the RX systems (rain has yet toshowany #'s and fre whatever only will show the very questionable dyno graph from their shop that looks nothing like any other dyno graph of a LLT camaro we have ever seen.
What numbers is the IPF system putting out?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote