View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #62
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESARETEE8 View Post
So where magazine racing times now? and you pick the fastest time you can find for the SS lol typical.
Show me another validated test between the two verified stock vehicles, same track, same day, same conditions, same driver. Magazine tests are not ideal but they are better able to identify performance differences by eliminating many of the variables involved.

Quote:
And you pick a challenger of all SRT8's which runs the slowest times in the mags.
The Challenger is the natural competitor to the Camaro (and Mustang). Does it not ride on the same platform, share the same engine, transmission and weight as the Charger? When InslideLinetested the 6.4L in both cars the Challenger had the advantage. Was the 6.1L detuned or something in the Challenger?

Quote:
Lets be realistic here plenty of stock 6.1's have ran high 12's at 110 so lets not make things up. Bottom line the 6.1 and the SS are a drivers race period I have seen and done it enough times to know that.
If you call 3/10ths and 4mph a "drivers race" then sure.

Quote:
Sorry I live off reality and the strip not a magazine. My car ran 12.9@109 bone stock 2 days after buying it and leaving TC on. So no the SS doesn't have a 4mph advantage.
Oh? And what time did the bone stock Camaro SS you drove that night run? Same track, same conditions, same day, same driver? What was the time?

Quote:
Motortrend
300 SRT8 - 13.2 @ 109
Car and Driver
06 Charger SRT8 - 13.1@109
Motor Trend: SS 13.1 sec @ 110.8 mph
Car and Driver:SS 13.0 sec @ 111 mph
Road & Track: SS 13.0 sec @ 110.7 mph (0-120 mph: SS 15.4 sec)
Inside Line: SS 13.1 sec @ 110.4 mph

The SS is simply faster than the 6.1L all things being equal.

Quote:
and the fastest bone stock time out of a 6.1 is 12.5@112 at atco back in 05.
And what did the hero run in the bone stock Camaro SS look like that night with the same driver?

I won't even speak of the 6.1L Challenger/Charger's track performance. Let's just say the Mazdaspeed3 is faster around VIR

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote