View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #260
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
I am keeping my fingers crossed for the transmission. My gut feeling is the trans needs some serious intervention to make it really correct. It just doesn't feel the way a transmission backed up to 426 horses should feel. Rule of thumb for car design is making all the driveline pieces relatively bulletproof to the maximum horsepower and torque delivered by the blueprinted engine. I have patience so I will be watching and talking until they make things right.

As for Estes Rockets... heck yeah! In 1970 we started messing with Estes Rockets in High School. One of the most painful but funny things that ever happened when I was in school was one of my buddies put an Estes "D" motor on a stand without a rocket and he hooked up the electronic igniter while I was positioning it and he hit the launch switch as I was holding it (dumb ass!) and I got my fingers fried as the rocket launched sideways and went ape all over his backyard!!! LOL Almost burned down his backyard! HA HA Life was good back then. T-minus 10-9-8... fire in the hole. DOH!!!
Over-engineered is always preferrable, isn't it? I knew a guy that was a big Porsche 928 fan, and said it was the most over-engineered sportscar ever made....bulletproof. Too bad GM hasn't stepped up in this regard. I suppose there are after-market solutions, but you shouldn't have to spend more for something that should be right from the get-go.

Too funny about your Estes Escapade....I can just see it now
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote