View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #267
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
OK I am going to have a tough time typing this one out because I am still in shock after my arrival at home this evening. The last couple of days at work have been somewhat stressful. I won't go into the details but lets just say it has been tough. So, today when I arrive home there is nobody here and it is so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

I walk into the kitchen and see a large manilla colored merchandise mailer on the counter and I am thinking to myself..."what did the wife buy"? Then it donned on me that I bought some Camaro5.Com window stickers. But I figured that wasnt it because the package was too large.

I walk over and pick up the envelope and read it. I see it is addressed to me. I notice it has special shipping instructions and a postmark from Canada. Whitby, Canada to be precise. I am scratching my head trying to remember someone in Whitby... then I notice a familiar name... "M. Judge" on the return address.

I have exchanged some PMs with Mr. Mike Judge (aka Super 60) on this site. From those I realized what a neat guy he is. For those that don't know him, he is a supervisor at the Oshawa production facility. That really makes this package even more intriquing.

I feel myself starting to get sweaty palms. I gingerly open the package and look in to find one of the now famous 11" x 14" hand signed (by the crew that built Orange Krate and all his relatives!) and individually numbered (#182) lithographs that Mike has become known for giving to selected Camaro5 members. I was absolutely stunned to receive this. And it couldn't have come at a better time.

I became a bit flushed and teary eyed (I thought I was macho...don't tell anyone!!!) as this is one of the nicest treasures I have ever received. I just stood there staring and saying... "YES" "YES" "YES". I couldn't wait for Erica to come home and show her. Accompanying the lithograph were two short but very meaningful documents. One explains the litho and the other a personal note from Mr. Mike Judge.

Mike, I can't say thank you enough for this wonderful surprise and gift. I cherish this very much and needless to say it shall be maintained along with Orange Krate as long as I am on this planet. This is a true treasure and I am honored to receive it.

Along with Mike, the men and women of Oshawa who work so hard building these superb vehicles really put their heart and souls into these cars and you can feel that every time you turn over the ignition and hear these babies roar to life.

As soon as I can get to the store I will be buying an appropriate frame and hanging these in a most conspicuous place in my office... I mean after all the lithograph photo is of an IOM Camaro and that is the BEST color right? LOL

Thanks again Oshawa Crew and thanks again Mr. Mike Judge! You are without a doubt one fine gentleman, and please know many of us at this site, and in the Camaro family as a whole, really appreciate all you do for all of us.

Bro, from the recipient of # 175, Congratulations. I truly understand the emotions you experienced, You are very deserving of this...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote