Thread: Clutch switch?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #8
blcoonrod

Drives: 2011 White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
My wiring diagram is showing it's the yellow wire in the middle pin. It needs to see a ground signal through a 180ohm resistor. Only time I'd do it is with a relay for remote start purposes, not sure why you would want to permanently disable it.
Thanks, I will also try to look into the wiring diagram. But if that is the case, then it should be fairly easy to do. The reason I want to do it, is simple, I just don't like pushing the clutch every time I get into it. I know, it's just being lazy, but in the winter I just open the door reach in start then go back inside the house until the car has warmed up. Do you happen to have the wiring diagram in a soft copy? If so could you send it to me? blcoonrod at gmail dot com. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Just as an aside, why in the world would you really want to do this. You do realize if there is some electrical issue with your car and the dealer takes a look under your dash and sees this jury rigged they have grounds to void your warranty. I mean many wont notice or care, but why risk it?

In the first case IF i did have some electrical problems and had to take it back to the dealer, I would put this back factory.
Secondly, I would not call this jury rigged. If I simulated what the clutch switch does, the car would never know the difference.
blcoonrod is offline   Reply With Quote