View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
I tried to answer this last night but my browser kept screwing up....

Any of those subs will be fine with the 1200/1 amp. The amp pushes the same power into 4 ohms as it does into 1.5 ohms. The only subs of those that concern me are the JL subs as they are rated for 500W RMS and the amp should be pushing around 600W RMS into them, so I wouldn't go that route. The other subs should be fine though.

Of course amps and speakers look fine.

I have mixed feelings about the Big 3 kit. I believe that the factory + wire is 1/0, or very close it it. I didn't strip mine, but it looked close to 1/0. Also, since your battery is in the back, and your alternator is up front, you need a LOT longer than the 5 foot pieces of wire in that kit. On the other hand, I'd be willing to bet you would use every piece in that kit elsewhere in your install.

If you have the budget for the alternator, go for it. 300A is serious overkill for 2000w, but I'm cool with overkill. Your total stereo draw at 100% (1800W) would be 150A, but unless you're doing competitions, you'll probably never see near that.

Great Battery.

You don't need a cap. With that alternator (or a sufficient alt) and that battery, you should not need a cap.

Questions:
1. Are you doing this install yourself?
2. You keeping the stock head unit?
3. Have you thought about adding a processor?
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote