View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
This install is fairly simple on a lift. Never done it on the ground but i can't see it being too bad.

The bolts will typically come off with a good impact gun. We have had some east coast cars require me to break out my large breaker bar. You will get several large pops out of it, but keep going, these are torque to yield bolts and the factory uses a lot of locktight on them.

Hopefully you've remembered to support the cradle

We've found the easiest way to get the plates off is with a well placed pry bar, you wanna go inside the whole and catch the edge with the pry bar, and then go nuts. It will take more force than you think, but the only thing you can really hurt is yourself, so be careful, when they let go they come out with a vengeance.

When doing the inserts you typically do not need to remove the exhaust, just the back hangers, and that should give you enough room to slide the inserts in.

When your ready to put everything back together, make sure you clean the bolts thoroughly and the bolts holes as best you can. Reapply blue locktight, and set your impact gun to max. Please star patern the cradle back in, or you might run into problems.

There is no specific torque spec on these, since its a torque to yield sequence. But no less than 100ft/lbs and no more than 200ft/lbs. I know this is a large range, but there isn't much rocket science to these, and your using stretchy bolts. We have never had a problem or failure with this method, and we've done hundreds of cars with this method.
Camaro's, G8's and GTO's all virtually the same setup.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote