View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #150
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I AM GOING TO BREAK HIS ARM................... (for turning on the lights...)
The Ambient lighting on the Silver car does not work like it should...and there's a reason for that.

The car was built LAST DECEMBER --

We are putting the finishing touches on Ambient Lighting - and when it's ready, we can hardly wait to show it to you because it's a really cool thing......

But I certainly don't want you to see it 'half-done' - which is what happened last night.

I believe the above from the "Ambient Lighting" thread on 11/21 is the post that started all the skepticism. Encouraging are the facts that:
1)The "subpar" lighting system was from 12/2007
2)Scott phrased it so mildly saying, "...putting the finishing touches on Ambient Lighting."

Also worthy of mention is the way the OP about the LA Autoshow that started that "Ambient Lighting" thread, and to which Scott was responding, ended:
"Overall I was very impressed that the ambient lighting is what it was projected to be. I can't imagine, I saw it when lights were everywhere..I can't imagine it at night "

Looks like little reason for alarm folks. And if Scott was so upset with the silver car's "half-done" system being seen, a system that actually impressed the onlooker, the final product may really blow us all away!!!!

Last edited by Rodrunner; 12-22-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote